The students of the University of Rochester's College for Women began publishing a newspaper in 1925. Initially called "The Cloister Window," it was renamed "Tower Times" in 1932. The paper ceased publication in 1955 when the College for Women merged with the College for Men on the River Campus. At that time, the newspapers previously published by the students of the two colleges also merged, thus "The Campus" and "Tower Times" became "Campus Times."
This website of student newspapers is dedicated in memory of John “Swanee” Swanson ’83. Recognizing that the Campus Times has been a vital record of University of Rochester history since 1873, Swanee’s classmates, friends, and family have chosen to honor him and all he represented by generously contributing to the digitization of the Campus Times and providing for online access to the collection.