The Rochester Review is the alumnae-alumni magazine of the University of Rochester. It made its initial appearance in October 1921 as a single page newsletter, entitled "Rochester Alumni News." A year-long hiatus then apparently occurred and it returned in October 1922, as the Rochester Alumni Review, a 24-page publication with photographs, news of the University, and alumni notes.
And alumni notes they were: the Rochester Alumni Review was a publication for the graduates of the University's College for Men. The female graduates would have their own magazine, Rochester Alumnae News, from 1926 until 1939, when the two publications joined forces as Rochester Alumni-Alumnae Review. In 1954, the title was changed one last time to Rochester Review.
The publication history of the Review has been continuous, although with some variations, since 1922. Issues have been designated by month (May-June and December-January) and by season (Fall, Spring, Winter-Spring); and over the years there have been years with as many as seven issues and as few as one.
Digitization for this online project was funded through the John M. and Barbara Keil endowment.